Here's a few reading recommendations...
- The Popcorn Pirates by Alexander McCall-Smith - a rip-roaring adventure suited for years 2 and 3.
- The Abominables by Eva Ibbotson - a brilliant adventure for fans of hairy monsters.
- Varjak Paw by S F Said - a tense, fantastically written story about cats who are learning the skills of martial arts.
- Wonder by R J Palacio - a story all about celebrating differences and the ups and downs of friendship.
- Once/ Then/ After by Morris Gleitzman - these books are brilliant stories about a boy called Felix. They deal with the difficult issues surrounding the Holocaust and are suitable for children moving into year 6 and above.