The Internet is an amazing thing! At school, we use the Internet on a regular basis as part of our learning and teaching. In school, we have ‘e-safety' messages to remind children of the importance of keeping themselves safe online.
Here is some advice for using the Internet safely:
- Always ask permission before using the Internet.
- Only go to Internet sites that you know are safe.
- Be careful what you type into a search engine.
- Never tell anyone your name, address or telephone number over the Internet.
- Always tell your parents or teacher if you are upset by something you see on the Internet.
Our computer network at school is safeguarded against inappropriate content. Unfortunately, computers at home might not have the same level of safety. Always follow the advice above when you are using the Internet. That way, you will stay safe and protect yourselves and those around you.
Click on any of these links to find out more about how to keep safe on the Internet.